Thursday, November 27, 2008

Culmination!

Finally, I get to put all my acquired beer drinking skills to a good cause...well...a cause....a self serving one. Kinda. My buddy Kurt is getting married next year. He's opting to have cash bar, as most of their family members (aka Killjoys) won't drink enough to warrant the low low price of $5.75 for the first hour, $5.25 for the second, and $4.75 for the third. Why he let me see the menu, I'm not quite sure, although I did abstain from picking out entrees.
However, he has assured me that he will be picking up the tab for those in the wedding party. While this is a kind gesture, it is not my concern, as I will get drunk at Stoudt's no matter what the cost, whether I need smuggle in a flask, blow a wad of cash, lose a limb, or promise my firstborn to a life of servitude. It's everyone else that be to be intoxicated, as to make my impending words and deeds seem borderline socially acceptable.
So here's the plan. I need to prove to Kurt that it will be cheaper to pay for everyone to have open bar than it will be to pay tab. If we figure 150 people at the wedding, the hourly rates add up to $15.75 per person for three hours of open bar. That would be $1,575 dollars for 100 people, plus half of that for another 50, which is, (let's see...750 is half of 1500, and half of 75 is like...38ish...785...plus 1575...2200....carry the 1....160)....about $2360? I could use a calculator, but I like approximate mental math, and as I type what I think, there it is.
So, let's say 5 bucks a beer, 5 goes into 2 G's 400 times, into three hundred 60 times, and into sixty 12 times....so 472 beers. In 3 hours. I'm confident...and if I can only get down 400 some beers in 3 hours, i'll remind him how much of a tip he'll need to leave on 400 beers.

No comments: