Sunday, May 17, 2009

Roadtrip

Ok, so it's been 2 months without any actual content. If anyone checks this, sorry...writing in this blog might count as something productive, so I've been wasting my time reading emails that people for some reason forward to me, falling for phishing scams, generating angry emails to the gas station that I bought lunch from, downloading music, and otherwise wasting what little time I have away from work/coaching.

Anyways, tomorrow evening, I am departing to points west. After work, Sean and I will be traveling as far as we can towards Chicago, where we will hang out on Tues/Weds with Mr. Bucky "Fucking" Farley from Ursinus Fucking College before departing for Manitou Springs, CO, where we will spend the 21st-24th celebrating Brandon Rutt's wedding on the HIgginbotham Flats..."fishing, hiking, swimming, dancing, and loving." I refuse to fish, limp too badly to hike, and will only dance when I'm drunk...so there shall be some Imbibing in there too. At the wedding, we will rendezvous with the traveling supertramp Lex Pelger, who has been spending the last few months hitchhiking around the united states.

On the 24th, we will head 5 hours west to Mesa State University, where we will visit my college roommate Crazy Timmy, known to his students as Dr. T-Bone. I expect some hard core imbibing of some Colorado microbrews, and maybe some meathead behavior.

I'm not sure how it will work, but on the evening of Weds the 27th or the morning of the 28th, we will leave on our 15 hour drive to Iowa City to Clay. I talked to him on the phone and had to wait and listen while he shopped for handgun ammunition. I wonder if he has a job or if gradschool pays enough that you can afford handguns? We're going shooting, "like the Iowa rednecks that we are." We'll be there for Friday and Saturday, go to an all day festival with Clay & Tori on sunday.

We were going to drive home 16 hours on Sunday, drop Lex off at his boyhood homestead in an epic ending to his journey, go home and go to work the next day, but Clay assured us that after 16 hours, we wouldn't be able to go to work on monday. So I took that monday off...and then we decided to stay for the concert..and now we'll be driving home on monday and all cracked out on tuesday...but yeah, i want to keep this updated for the trip. Not sure how possible that will be, but something of this magnitude should be documented.

PS. in a nice back story, Dan Shaw will be housesitting, stealing my car, and living in Lititz. While I fear for my beer collection, I look forward to hearing about Dan's travels, navigated by the map I sketched this morning high lighting fastfood, bars, beer stores of the area while I drank a Beer Geek Breakfast Stout in bed.

4 comments:

lotz said...

Damnit... had I known sooner that Dan would be in town, I would have made a point to get out of said town.

lotz said...

You need to me to look after Dan at all during the week? Change his litter and give him fresh food and beer?

Chewyrocks said...

when you arriving in London next, the beer festival starts next week...

BrewerDan23 said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsfeEvZcTjM&feature=related

Me and Loki's first adventure will be a shoutout to berber. sing it till ta learn it!!