Friday, December 19, 2008

Blocked Number

I got a phone call today, all that came up on my screen was "blocked." I was trying to think if I had blocked any ex-girlfriend's number, or, more likely, that of one of my friends who call late at night with stupid jokes and stories.

Goody: "Hello?"
Caller: "Yo!" (at this point I'm thinking it's a coworker, as we block our cell numbers so pool owners can't bother us directly.)
Goody: "What's going on man?"
Caller: "This is Jose." (I must have not heard that right)
Goody: "Who?"
Jose: "Jose. Who's this?" (I can't possibly know anyone named Jose."
Goody: "I'm Goody."
Jose: "something something your boy from the crib." (um, I was at a house party last weekend, but don't recall anyone named Jose.)
Goody: "How do I know you?"
Jose: "You gave me your number last night." (I went to work yesterday, bought a Christmas tree, had 'lunch' at Scooter's, and came home. Could there be someone else named Goody with a similar number?)
Goody: "I think you have the wrong number."
Jose: "Jose, from the white car. Who is this?" (Did I meet anyone in a crib or a white car recently? hmm, no.)
Goody: "I'm Goody. What white car?"
Jose: "the small one." (vague. very vague. I do intentionally piss off many other motorists, but how would they get my number?)
Goody: "What number did you dial? I don't want to miss out on your illegal activity if it's something cool."
Goody: "Hello?"
Goody: "Jose?"
Dialtone: "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer"

No comments: