Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Mood: Angry, nauseous.

So it's a pretty low key night...reading a book by the fire until i decide to change the music, then someone IMs me, and before I know it, I went from a positive, intellectual activity to searching youtube for classic Hulk Hogan clips. Then the Undertaker. Then the Million Dollar Man...I'm not sure why, I never watched WWF. Anyway, Million Dollar man's sidebar has "Money Talks" on it, so I watch that video...and a few more sidebar clicks, and I find these:

Shakira, singing a song that I probably would be titled "Back in Black," had I no prior knowledge of AC/DC.


...she kinda looks like Dee Snider...

Shania Twain...try to block out the singing, focus on the headflips to give it some humor, assuming she's trying to headbang and not just keep the hair out of her eyes.



...Celine Dion. By far a crime against all nature...and that's my opinion of her before I saw this video. The worst part is, you can tell she thinks she is really rocking.




p.s. The only people who should be wearing heels anywhere near an AC/DC song are strippers, Gene Simmons, and, as much as I hate to mention him twice, Dee Snider.

I remember the first time I heard AC/DC. I was in Kindergarten. It was my first contact with rock music...my dad's copy of "Dirty Deeds." We used to watch a lot of "Cops," not having cable television and all, so naturally I was drawn to the blacked out faces on the cover art and the disclaimer that "only the names have been changed to protect the guilty."

But yeah, these videos really upset me. It's like finding out that someone brutally raped and slowly disfigured your childhood friend. And you know exactly who did it...and you know that not only were they paid to do it, but they're proud of their heinous crime.

Sorry, I can't get all worked up over this...if I'm going to drive a van packed full of explosives into a concert, it will be a Jimmy Buffet concert, I can't let this distract me from the reason God put me on earth.

Also, I'm afraid my quotes key will wear out if I continue with this post. and this is the most my "Dee Snider" key has been used in awhile.

No comments: