Thursday, July 03, 2008

I was born in a small town...

Yeah, so approximately last year I was hanging out with (let's be honest, trying to bang...not even close if you were wondering) this bartender from around the way. Anyways, she abruptly quit answering her phone, which was kinda odd, but I wasn't too tore up over it. About a week later, I walk into the beer store and there she is, holding hands with a guy I know who works there (ok, again with the honesty, I don't know him and he works there, I know him because he works at the beer store.) It was pretty funny cause I really wanted to go "oh, so this is why you haven't been answering my calls.....and this is why your ex-wife was in the bar last night hitting on my roommate telling us how you can't keep your dick to yourself."

Well, having moved to the other side of town, I haven't been getting to the bar she works at often due to my inability to keep my BAC under .08, so I hadn't seen or talked to her in almost a year.

Wednesday I walk into this new bar with some buddies, and there she is sitting with some guy who was obviously not happy that she turned to say hi to me, and of course the only place to get in to order is right next to her. So I go force some conversation, congratulate her on turning 21, ask if she's still working at the same place, whatnot and whathaveyou. Anyways, I get my beers and as I'm about to turn and head back to our table, guess who is sitting directly across the bar: the beer store guy.

Man, I bet she felt awkward.

No comments: