Friday, July 18, 2008

rugby

I think I can finally apply rugby to real life in words,
While I hate to admit it, sometimes you get hit so hard from a blindside, the ball gets knocked loose, and if you're fortune enough that you don't knock it on, there's only so much you can do:
1) Lay there and wonder what just happened...chances are you'll lose possession.
2)Grab onto the ball and get a penalty...no use doing nothing with what just happened.
3)Get back on you feet, pick up the ball, and continue forward. Seriously, what else can you do. No matter how hard you get knocked down, you need to get back up, regain possession and carry on. If you need a friend or teammate...they well always be there in support...you can pass it off and let them carry the load for a bit, but you need to stay in support of them and regain the ball.

This is a little bit sentimental, but after all the support I've gained from teammates, friends and family...from my early days with Warwick to my "it's not gay, it's rugby" Bearcox back to coaching the Swarm, thank you all for the support. It's been a heavy load, and it's great to know everyone is there cheering Jacy and me on to score that try.

No comments: