Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jared M. Good Home for Wayward Ruggers

It's been a little while. The week at the shore ended spectacularly, with Dan "Sea Mammal" Shaw and me going Kayaking in the ocean. Ten-year-old Krista repeatedly reported to us that Dan "sucks" (her words, not mine) at paddling. I thought this would only be semi true...however, it was very true. We were kayaking for 3 hours, a trip that I think I could have made in 1 given the amount of time I spent paddling back out to Dan in order to make sure that his progress was sufficient enough not to warrant his mom calling the coast guard to come get us.

We saw a pod of dolphins. I hoped they were friendly, but not too friendly, as I think they would have flipped my unsteady kayak if they jumped over it. Dan said he never felt so close to his kin.

Then I went to Alexandria for a weekend with Muhammad Aubri, who does not approve of that nickname. Probably the first time I can report being happy and care free in a long time.

In other news, the UCR team was kicked off campus for preseason due to partying on the first night, so Huggy has taken up an internship at the Jared M. Good home for Wayward Ruggers. We've been running 1-2 miles every night, plus walking about another, so he is somewhat in training. Not only will he be ready for rugby matches, but also for drinking Pabst and sleeping on a sofa.

No comments: